October 04, 2024, 05:30:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 dead  (Read 2652 times)
Monteria
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2010, 06:17:20 am »

Shane, I will give you some advise. Some of what has been posted here is incorrect. Feral hogs in the state of Texas are now considered "exotic livestock". Exotic livestock belongs to the person who's land it is standing on. So at the time your dogs were shot they were caught on a hog that was owned by the man that shot them. It is "not" against the law to shoot dogs that are in the act of attacking livestock or exotic livestock.

I am unhappy that this is the law, but you need to know.

You should contact law enforcement to make a report and also contact an attorney. There is always more to the story than can be posted here, so go forward with contacting local law enforcement and keep us updated. Feel free to send me a PM with anything I can help you with.

Thanks,
Paul T

Paul, I agree that preliminary interpretation of the amended exotic stock classification is both daunting and contradictory to our cause, putting our dogs in the crosshairs. I would also like to point out however, that there is not yet a precedent solidifying our "common sense" interpretation.

The only thing actually changed was the classification of swine. Almost undoubtedly the objective of that change was not so that land owners could shoot hog dogs. Maybe its time for the Judicial system to interpret its own law, the original goal, and its unintended ramifications.   

Steve
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: