October 04, 2024, 05:36:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 dead  (Read 2664 times)
aladatrot
Global Moderator
Boar Slayer

Circle C Australian Shepherds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2010, 04:06:58 pm »

I would have a real issue with that. Shooting a dog in Texas is considered Animal Cruelty, and is a felony (except in two instances). I have never heard of a more blatant act of animal cruelty as well as hunter harassment than the act you just described. Ron Branyon probably wasn't on the BOD of TDHA then, but he has been foaming at the mouth for the right case of dog shooting to publicize and set a precedent. It needs to be a blatant act, well documented with evidence, a hunter who was doing everything right as far as retrieval (phone calls, etc - not just trespassing) and dog not doing anything wrong. Your dog being on a leash or rope when they guy shot him and you being there as a witness would have made for a most excellent case. I hate to hear of anyone getting their dog shot, it could be my dogs next.

Perhaps Ron will post up his theory on publicizing dog shooting cases, and what he feels needs to be done to help these dog shooters get convicted. It is a very good idea Ron, please post.

Cheers
M

At least I'm successful at doing nothing right. I guess it could be worse.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: