October 25, 2024, 06:38:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: your opinions of why we cross the way we do...  (Read 8056 times)
BigAinaBuilt
Alpha Dog

TDHA Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2010, 11:43:08 pm »

i think allot of folks x breeds bc mainly lack of knowledge of genetics and because that's what to dogs they had and didn't think of all the factors going in to it and after all those are out of the way you have accidents then after that you have prob a 10 % of ppl who know what their doin take for example mr parker or any other ppl out there who have done a great job of producin consistent hog dogs they didn't go crossin a bunch of stuff together they found a dog that worked and lineBred it i guess what im sayin is most ppl can't answer this ? for the simple fact they just don't know in my opinion
This may rub a few the wrong way but I think to many people are breeding with to much focus on "breeds" and not on the physical and behavioral conformation of the dogs being produced.

Cward-I understood exactly what you were saying about purebred VS. Full blood but saw an oppurtunity to do some math and  enjoyed the oppurtunity.

Competition is not the domination of others, But rather the pursuit of excellence within each of us.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: