October 25, 2024, 06:40:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: your opinions of why we cross the way we do...  (Read 8057 times)
BarrNinja
Hog Doom

When the tailgate drops the excuses usually start!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2010, 12:05:48 am »

Well Years ago a friend of mine had a 3/4 pit 1/4 cat give to him we have breed that dog back to  pit and back to pit to where there is no cat left in them but the lepoard coloring stays on the pups!!

I have been hunting along time and thank god I have never had to make any of those cross's to try and find a super dog to fit me!!
I think alot of people start out with a plain to try and get just the right amout of dog in them that they want!! What I have seen over the years of makeing these cross's they are never acruate some pups catch some are just hide pullers some are loose!!

I agree with Ugly Dog  I think most are mistake breedings!!!!

There is no way I would ever tie one of my good cur dog Gyps up to a dang bull dog!! If there was a mistake I asure you the pups would NEVER make it to the dog trade!!!

If I am going to breed a catch dog I will go with something as solid as the Bitch !! AB X AB - Pit X Pit - Dogo X Dogo  or Catch X Catch!!
Never Strike X Catch !!!

They have 2 differnt jobs!!

When I am breeding catch dogs I will look for lung - speed- handle before I look for catch!! Because when I make a catch dog cross I know for a fact they will catch I just need to add lung-Speed -handle to it!!

Useing a catch dog now that I have been useing all summer in daylight hours that does not get hot and can go for hours with out warter!! Loveing him!! He is one we breed!! He has probally caught 40 hogs this summer all during the heat of the day!!

I also look for a dog that does not pant much always got his tung in his mouth!!

Then some people don't have the heart to do away with a mistake cross!! So they end up on the dog trade and if that don't work then they end up at Walmart usally there wife and she is telly everyone they are out of hog dogs!! When I here it just makes me want to get the whole litter and do something no one else had the heart to do!!! The subdivion down the road from me is full of them most have mange and the other just roam free!! I think I know a few Boys that pick them up out of that Subdivion at around a year old and start them in a pen then post them on the dog trade here!! Just can't figure out where they get all these dogs from they always got them forsale and I never see them hunt!!  Finished Dogs if you know what I mean!! Wink

In my opinion, there would be a heck of a lot better hog dogs in this world if everyone that ever tried to breed em had this philosophy!
Lucky crosses happen all the time but I personally don’t care about breeding dogs on just luck!!!
I tried it and it hardly ever worked for me!!!
Someone said it before me but I couldnt agree more. "Breeding good dogs aint like mixing paint".
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 12:23:20 am by BoarNinja » Logged

"No man should be allowed to be President who does not understand hogs." - President Harry Truman

“I like hogs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Hogs treat us as equals” - Sir Winston Churchill
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: