September 29, 2024, 02:21:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brindle Black Mouth Curs?  (Read 25187 times)
kaycee
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2010, 10:31:33 am »

I guess what I try to remember and keep on my mind at all times is what the definition of curr meant to the people that started breeding curr dogs, it was a specific crossing of breeds to get the traits they desired in a dog.  It kinda helps explain a lot sometimes.  I still get a lot of white snips on the nose and occassionly get a ring neck on dogs that I know their bloodlines for 10 to 15 generations, my grandpa told me when I got my original dogs that I had a duty to create better dogs for the future generations.  I try to keep that in mind every time I breed.  He also told me that when he was younger they didn't have the means to breed  dogs to dogs like we do so a lot of times they bred the very best to the very best they could get to, regardless of color. I think that might explain why certain bloodlines throw certain coat patterns more than others.
Not quite on the same subject but almost, how many of ya'll have dogs that are double dew clawed.  It seems like all of my really old bloodlines, when crossed with another old bloodline throws atleast half a litter (or more) with the extra dew claws.  Just wondering if anybody else has this happen??
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: