October 02, 2024, 05:32:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: garmin trouble  (Read 1331 times)
Backwoods
Bay Dog

View Profile
« on: December 29, 2010, 10:27:30 am »

when  you link up with your collers, it tells you  another coller is interfering with your coller, and it will ask you if you want to change that collers frequency . just hit yes on your GPS and it will change it .   after you do this your buddy my have to add that coller back to his GPS so he can pick it up. or he can just enter the new frequency in , for that coller he already has stored. also some times when you turn your collers on if it does not pick up a coller that you have stored, you can delete that coller out of your GPS  and then just re add it back to your GPS  and then it will pick it up ..  I have this problem some times , but I also have 8 collers stored in my GPS unit.  also something to be aware of is, if you are hunting an area , say a WMA and  another hunter comes up to you and says ,  he is also hunting in that area and he ask you what frequancy your dog collers are on so he can change his so they dont interfear with each other ,  DONT EVER  give him you dogs frequency. the DC-30 collers do not have the capability to lock out another GPS UNIT. and if he is a crook he will track your dogs and find them and steal them and then change the frequency on the coller, and bingo you have now lost your dog. it will show lost contact, and before you can figure it out , your dog is now out of the county .... I hope this will help you out some. it is heck some times trying too figure these things out on your own, happy hunting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: