October 02, 2024, 11:20:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone hunt Plotts or hounds in East Texas and have a lot of success?  (Read 1282 times)
firemedic
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2011, 02:02:45 pm »

I've hunted behind Plotts for over 30 years and killed many a hog with them. I now have 2 cur dogs that I hunt with my buddie's Plotts.....they're open, my dogs are silent....we kill a lot of hogs during a short time in south GA after deer season. My buddies have a couple of Plotts that are pretty cold nosed but can move a cold track if it can be run. These are fine boned, slick, fast dogs that hate hogs with a passion. As has been said earlier, hogs are gonna run if they want to regardless of what's after them.....at least with an open mouthed dog you know where they are most of the time. I'll soon have some pics of our hunts on here and you can see the results we have with these dogs. I know you're thinking......why don't he have Plotts now? Answer is that I no longer want a dog that will run a hog for miles and miles and never quit.....been there done that....too old to do it any more. These Plotts are fast,.....and they're gritty but not suicidal, they know what to tackle and what not to.....and did I mention that they're fast. Get you one and try it,....it make take a few before you get one that you like....good luck and let me know if I can help you anyway.

It's easy to judge the character of a man,....by how he treats those that can do nothing for him.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: