September 27, 2024, 09:54:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: broke front leg  (Read 1661 times)
BQM
Catch Dog

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2011, 08:39:31 pm »

My main stike dog broke his front leg half way between knee and paw took him to an old country vet and he had several size plastic splints that look like a big plastic spoon. The vet set leg back by feel slid mesh sock over leg and placed in splint packed cotton on top of leg and wrapped with tape. Vet said keep out of mud and I put him in cattle trailer and put trailer in barn for six weeks. The dog  has a knot where leg broke and little crooked he's not near the dog he was before leg got broke but he still finds plenty of hogs but gets out ran sometimes too. I called my usual vet and he said he would have to xray and see how bad was before he could set price I was scared it would be several hundred dollars at my vet, my hunting buddy told me about this old vet and I took dog to him. To put to sleep for procedure, splint, and some calcium supplements to help heal cost me $54. I was happy with results dog still hunts and is good pup trainer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: