September 27, 2024, 11:23:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Couple dog pics...  (Read 1716 times)
crackerc
Alpha Dog

Monkey....gone but never forgotten! RIP

View Profile WWW
« on: March 04, 2011, 08:18:33 am »

Noah, its funny because I get phone calls almost every day from people wanting rough gritty catchy dogs. I am trying to breed away from that and breed more bay. My problem has been trying to find a dog or line of dogs to cross over, that suits me but isn't that rough or gritty. As you know, most of the Fla dogs are pretty rough.  I have said it time and time again, there is a fine line between being gritty enough to stop the big hogs and keep them bayed and being too gritty and getting wrecked/cut up all the time. I DON'T want RCD's....been there, done that.

My ringneck Bob x Red female isn't rough at all, yet the third hog she was on in the woods got her 40+ stitches, drain tubes, etc. I had 4 dogs cut up in less than two days hunting. And I don't consider my dogs all that rough. They will catch smaller hogs but bay the big ones. They just bay tight...a little too tight at times!

Hopefully your young dogs will learn to respect the big hogs before they get too much older. As far as scars on them, I am sure they are coming!! Grin

Florida cur dogs for almost half a century....now I know I am old!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: