October 06, 2024, 05:35:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: German Shepherd or Belgian Malinois  (Read 14224 times)
mod93dirt
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2011, 12:04:18 am »

Thanks for the replies everyone. Like I said I am new to the hog dogging world, and this was just a curiousity question. I'd love to put my shep in a pen with a hog just to see what he would do, but I am pretty sure my wife would divorce me if "her" dog got hurt. Since my dog got hurt his leg and can no longer compete in the schutzhund trials, I am looking for another dog sport and think that I have found the answer. I will be getting my first "hog dog"  as soon as they are weaned from a friend that is 1/4 shepherd, 1/4 airedale, and 1/2 BMC. His shepherd/airedale cross is a hog hunting machine which is another thing that got me thinking along these lines. I really think that the mals would be better suited for this, but like Noah said they are extremely pricey. But with that said, I love mals. They are like shepherds on crack multiplied by 1000, truly awesome dogs to watch work. If I get wrapped up enough in having hog dogs, I know enough people that I think I could get some Malinois semen straws to try and do some cross breeding. Ahhh..the adventure begins. Thanks again everyone.

Show me a good loser and I will show you A loser!!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: