October 06, 2024, 04:05:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: German Shepherd or Belgian Malinois  (Read 14197 times)
chainrated
Hog Master

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2011, 08:43:02 am »

Got a buddy that's a K-9 officer and trainer that just got into hog hunting about 3 years ago. He had a retired malinois that was the most bite crazy dog I've ever seen, he hated everybody and everything and I think just life in general.. I told him I thought the dog would quit if he got cut and he disagreed completely with me. We had about a 200 lb boar hog in our 20 acre pen that had about 2 inch teeth. The dog went crazy when he saw the hog and hit him like a freight train but the hog sunk a tooth in his chest and the dog screamed and took off running back to the truck. You couldn't melt and pour that dog on a hog after that.. There is a big difference in a dog biting a man that's probably not gonna do much more than holler and a dog biting a hog that's gonna put some teeth in him...
We also tried another high dollar malinois from germany and he would bay but wouldn't run but about 5 minutes..
That's just my experience with them though. I'm sure some of them would make good dogs especially if they were crossed with the right cur dogs. They have a lot of drive...

Our houses are protected by the good lord and a gun, you might meet em both if you show up here unwelcome son..
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: