September 21, 2024, 10:42:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Javalina  (Read 1720 times)
treeingratterrier
Alpha Dog

View Profile WWW
« on: July 10, 2011, 11:19:07 am »

Javilinas are like fleas in some places, if they catch a coon dog or bird dog thats no smart and broke off of them or trys to fight them they will be shredded, they are pretty bad about getting in pack and cutting down a dog at  a tree barking at a coon.  Lots of bobcat races used to get busted up by them when they get pissed off about dogs barking at somehing in there neighberhood.  Way to hunt them is with loose baying hounds that stay back but put pressure on them enuff to make them den up in  a hole or cave or tinhorn or cactus room, we used to shoot every one in the pack and give them away to the hands to eat.  Cur dog that catches or any dog that trys to bite one is going to get screwed up bad, they can bend like a raccon and turn those dirty nasty cactus eating tusks into a dog, anywhere they bite a dog its usually a infection and hell to get healed up.  We used to have thousands of them where i live at one time, so much land has been cleared and deer hunters just shoot them and let them lay because they ate corn in the road they tossed for deer big time.  Outfitters on ranches got rich letting city boy bowhutners shoot them for $250 each because they are easy and blind when baited, not too many around in this area any more.  Just get a tritronics and break them off if they are starting them, easy to do, bait up a sendero and get some in it and dump trashing dogs out and shock them if they try to start them in the road.  I used to have a seperate pack just for them,  back them in the day javlians dogs would not run a big hog, now its the oppisitelol  There in the deer family i thought last time i looked.  Wish i had a dollar for every dog cut i had to wash out with a water hose 4 tiems a day trying to get it to heal when we had tons of them and i was just starting to try to hunt with catch dogs, big mistake to take catch dogs into a javalina bay, they will cut them in the neck every time seems like.

Rat Terriers aka fiests  black white tans, solid black and tans,  solid red,  ratting, squirrel  varmit stock from ranch raised varmit dogs, 10 to 30 pounds  www.crossbowtexas.com (for sale)    www.imageevent.com/treeingratterrier
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: