September 29, 2024, 08:28:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Barrel Dog Houses  (Read 12842 times)
Russ
Strike Dog

View Profile
« on: February 14, 2009, 01:10:16 am »

Dogs tied out. Thinking about some sort of frame to put barrel in and having a platform on top. I like the chains holding the barrel up and mounted sideways in the kennel.

A friend of mine has this way.  Take a piece of pipe and weld a large peice of channel iron on top like a T, with the channel facing up.  Put a ring over your pipe and drive it on the ground, leaving the channel about two feet off the ground. Mount the barrel on top, cradled in the channel.  Then attach your chain to the ring on the pipe. You will have a STURDY tie out stake and a dog house they cant tip over all in one.

Have not seen this myself but was told about it so not sure how well it works.  They said to dig a hole big enough to set a barrel in standing up so that a about half of it is burried.  Put the barrel in it standing up.  Cut a hole for the dog to go in a few inches above ground level to keep water out.  Then fill the bottom of the barrel with bedding and mount a peice of plywood on top for the dog to get up on and to block rain from getting in the barrel.

sounds like water would still get in no matter what Huh?

We took suckle rod and made cradles for the barrels to set in for bird dogs. Got them off the concrete and made spraying out easier. I like the iDeer about the post and channel, sounds like it's dummy proof (even though typing that I know I'll get one someday that will prove me wrong:D:D:D:D)

uva uvam videndo varia fit
Like having my own little fuzzy convict, he steals, is violent and from what I saw him doing to his teddy bear obviously sexually frustrated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: