September 29, 2024, 12:32:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BIG Black mouth curs?  (Read 16180 times)
treeingratterrier
Alpha Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2011, 01:09:03 pm »

http://www.easttexashogdoggers.com/forum/index.php?topic=22567.20  

Here is where Uglydog debunked the Caranthan myth, i am old enuff to remeber how it tall started. hog hunting was only talked about in the old arf magazine way before the internet, if you sent in a yellow jaybird picture and filled out the pedigree it would be called a yellow black mouth curjaybid southern cur, he got mad at the ARF and wanted a break on registering dogs or something like that and quit them and started his own registry so he could save money and no worry about the ringnecks and brindle pups he was producing that showed up, then i think he went to american cur or something, the dogs had too much bite in them and were definetly a created strain he made up from dogs he bought off of the ARF magazine breeders, he brought some to quinlan and they caught the hogs instead of baying them like the texas ybmcs and the cats old man tom stodgill had there, he wrote his own column in full cry and shamelessly promoted his dogs for free with his own dog bruno at the top of the column, that saved him $200 a monthlol  Its the usual, when  u pay for an adverstiment you get to wirte the history and sell the koolaid inwhatever flavor you want, but some like me and others did not drink it, i love the part where uglydog posted that jpeg of a snake oil saleman in the forum discussionlol  It reminds me now of the part on Pawn Stars where somebody finds out there item is not geniunelol  If you google in a wayback look webiste you can find howards breed standard including brindle and ringneck dogs  up to 110 pounds, never saw any purebred texas la or Miss cur like that but his, where there is smoke there is usally fire and peeps get hot when they find out, but if the dog is working for you that is all that matters, >>>>>pushing away that glass of yellow coolaidlol

Rat Terriers aka fiests  black white tans, solid black and tans,  solid red,  ratting, squirrel  varmit stock from ranch raised varmit dogs, 10 to 30 pounds  www.crossbowtexas.com (for sale)    www.imageevent.com/treeingratterrier
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: