October 09, 2024, 04:24:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what breeds went into the general ab  (Read 888 times)
bulldogger
Bay Dog

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2012, 07:44:35 pm »

Pit and Bulldog are same thing back in day in America, not talking English Bulldog.  I have some family pics of bulldogs from 1922 and they look like a pit but just call them bulldogs on back named Mickie.  My grandma is in pic and is 2.  She is 90 now.  This was on Oil lease she grew up on in Oklahoma.  I was at NFL Hall of Fame in Canton and had a team picture of Canton Bulldogs from around 1900 and in picture was a pit and he was the bulldog mascott.  The pit term were for the ones used in that regard but many used bulldog for guardians and some for sotck and killing varment and wild dogs or just pets.  This is just my opinion.  Depending on line AB can have alot of things from: Pit, Cur, Boxer, Dogue De Bordeaux, Mastiff, Neo and I'm sure others cause some AB's even come with long hair.  I don't know if anyone has ever seen a litter of English Bulldog and pit but th pit blood can be so strong that some will look like almost a straight pit. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: