September 21, 2024, 04:23:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: varmit/game gun  (Read 3693 times)
BigNoseKate
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2012, 06:55:49 pm »

Hey trapperchick! I have to second alot of what these guys are saying about the .223. I have had mine for about 10 years now... and I have a .270, along with other deer huntin rifles, but that .223 just does it for me. Everything I shoot gets shot in the ear or the neck. I will say it has made me be a better shot because of this over time, and it has also made me be a much MUCH  more patient hunter because of this.  It may not be the best idea for a long-range deer shot, but I have no problems firing a long shot off at a coyote, pig, bobcat, etc... One really cool thing I HAVE noticed over the years, this gun is relatively quiet compared to others, so nine times out of 10, I've shot a pig out of a group, the group doesn't go too far, or you can bet it won't be too long till the same group or something else comes back out (don't know if this is the same case for others).  I absolutely love mine, and would choose it any day over a higher powered rifle. As a matter of fact- I had to tie pink ribbons on mine so all the guys at the deer lease would quit takin it out and using it!! Grin lol. It's just an all around great gun and cheap bullets.

Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man and work like a dog
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: