October 23, 2024, 08:32:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: different trap plans  (Read 1676 times)
Jon Delcore
Bay Dog

View Profile
« on: March 07, 2009, 08:22:13 am »

Hey I have been trapping for years so far this year we have trapped over 200. This year has been really hard to trap them due to the dry weather. The hogs were eating what I put to the trap and around the traps so I came up with a new trap it is easy and quick to build. Take you a hay ring take a horse panel and wrap the inside of the trap don't use a cheap cattle panel the horse panel has smaller holes and the hogs can't pick the trap up as easy. You can put a cattle panel on the top for safety reasons then take a wire and run it on the second rung of the trap at about two feet high so when you lean the trap up it will be about two feet high and two feet from the end of the trap that touches the ground and take a strong rod we use 1 inch square tubing and place it on the end that is in the air and tie a wire to the trip string that runs across the hay ring. This trap is easy to build and cheap and works great if your wanting the hogs live you will have to put a door in it. Good luck
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: