September 22, 2024, 04:25:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: lacey dogs?  (Read 1472 times)
Purebreedcolt
Hog Doom

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2012, 09:06:25 pm »

For the most part yes shorter range but when they know pigs are around they are going to find them.  We have had anywhere from vary little bottom to ones that aint going to stop till it is shut down.  Most are from gritty to suicidal at least till you have them on some good hogs and they know they have to back up.  A down side to them is it seems to take them longer to show their potential in most instances.  Ill cull most dogs at a year a lacy especially if I like them give them a couple years.  My dad had one that was durn near worthless till she hit about 6 or so and she turned into one heck of a dog but she was always second dog till I moved and took my dog with me and she had to step up she did.  Kinda rambling but you wanted to know lol.   Most lacys work differently than does your common bmc especially if you have a couple working togather they will keep nipping at the rear end and keep the hog off and spinning where most baydogs bay up persay the lacy wants at the rear end and make it turn.  This can be good and bad depends on your pack.  Most of what I'm talking about is my experiences between me and my dad we have had somewhere around 15 and have hunted with most of them.  My current male is hog possessive being once caught he thinks it is his.  I. But other than that has no aggression so I just know to either make him roll or tie him up.  I love my lacys but let me say they aint for everyone let them and they will worm their way into your heart lol. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: