October 06, 2024, 06:36:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: catch dog cull rate... percentages of present day dogs and dogs of the past...  (Read 3058 times)
BIG BEN
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2012, 07:30:42 am »

So far Ive had very good luck with catchdogs proving to be worthy. I tend to stay away from rednosed pits, from my experience they tend to want to chew/fight the hog rather than lock down and hold. I believe the ability is there in all pitbulls to be a CD its just getting that light to turn on in them that takes a lil effort. The best CD I have had and still have crawled out of the pen the first time she saw a hog. I didnt want to give up on her because of her temperment and calmness. I put her in a situation(very small space) with a sure enough bad ass boar hog, she got beat up but locked down and never looked back from there. As for the cull rate, Im sure its much higher nowadays. With all the backyard breeders, the good blood of working pits is watered down and the drive the pitbulls use to have is almost gone. But this is normal and the pit is not the only breed that is effected by popularity among the public. When a breed goes mainstream its generally not good for the breed itself.

hunt em hard, give em no excuses, and cull harder!!!!!
"Rather have a sister in a whore house than spots on a dog"
"Pretty is as pretty does"- BigO
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: