October 06, 2024, 06:33:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: catch dog cull rate... percentages of present day dogs and dogs of the past...  (Read 3056 times)
levibarcus
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2012, 11:17:33 pm »

The first cd I started was a stray pit. She would catch most hogs with another dog there, but on a good hog she would bay. I hunted her loose because she out hunted any cur dog I owned then or now probably. She would dang sure get gone and find pigs. I gave her to my buddy Jake and she hasn't barked at a hog since, just comes flying in like a 40 lb ninja and locks up on whatever size hog it is.

I have only started maybe 5 cds, but so far haven't had a cull, and all but one have been strays. Some have needed some encouragement and a few rounds of "training" to lock down without hesitation. Others haven't even been supposed to yet, just saw a hog and wanted to catch it. I guess I've been fortunate and had some good ones. Some have a better or cleaner style of holding, and that is what I am looking for more now than a dog to just catch.

But seek first the kingdom of God and all these things will be provided for you. Matthew 6:33
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: