October 06, 2024, 06:27:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: catch dog cull rate... percentages of present day dogs and dogs of the past...  (Read 3048 times)
djhogdogger
Hog Doom

Dinah Psencik from Dayton Tx.

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2012, 09:59:17 am »

We live out in a rural area and pits are dumped quite often. The first two cd's were dumped pits. The first time either of them saw a hog they wanted it. They naturally took to locking down on the ear.  Since this was my only experince with pits, I ASSUMED (  Cheesy )  that all pits would catch solid natually.

When people would say that they had a pit that bayed or that wouldn't catch solid, I thought they were crazy.... until someone closer to the city started giving us pits that were dumped in their area to try on hogs.

Shocked  These pits would either be dog aggressive or they wouldn't have anything to do with a hog. I was shocked at first. Now I know the difference between a pit that has the right stuff and a cull.

I don't know who keeps dumping pits out in our area, but the ones that we rescued were good dogs. I guess someone out this way has some good blooded pits that they didn't want.

A television can insult your intelligence but nothing rubs it in like a computer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: