September 21, 2024, 11:37:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hog Wrasslin' 101....  (Read 2635 times)
hogaholicswife
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2012, 07:44:05 am »

When it is just Allen and myself we leave the CD on until we have him hobbledif it is a stout hog....and I have never seen a hog get up on him and his buddy until the other weekend.

The dogs bated one about 150 and after they got him flipped they started dragging him out (my husband's friend and his brother).  I was walking in front of them to put the CD up when I heard someone say oh ****! And my husband say 'watch out Gary', some how the hog stood up on the brothers and he was doing his best to give the one a good rooting.  As I started to let the CD go to give Gary some help his brother football tackled the hog and mugged him down....it was a relief the hog didn't have teeth and that I didn't let the CD go cause it could have been bad.

I guess because as a kid it was drilled in my head about how bad a hog can be that I am leery as all get out about them and I have watched my husband and these other two catch some big hogs when it was only two of them....and then they let a 150 pounder work them over....I will stick to the CD helping out lol
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: