September 28, 2024, 05:46:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Fowl School !!!!  (Read 52775 times)
M Bennet
Hog Doom

LETS ROLL OUT BOY'S

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2012, 05:07:08 pm »

Mr. Monty, was it Starks you came down to? It's about 20 or so minutes south of Merryville. D&D Game Club was there just off Hwy 12, just behind the scales. We fought 3 or 4 knife derbys there back in 88 or 89. There was also the Circle Club in Vinton, about 10 minutes further south. I lived in Buna, and me and a buddy, Melvin Shepherd, had green legged democrats from a guy named Bubba Thompson. They called him Little Mafia, all tatted up long haired biker. Short guy, about 5'2. He was pretty well known down here.  He got us started, and really helped us along with our keep and conditioning. Melvin handled our birds, and I tied. That's all I can remember about the birds. Wish I had taken pictures. Me and Melvin kinda fell out, and I went to West TX to rodeo when I graduated. Melvin went on to feed and condition for another guy who had a big yard, but I don't remember his name. I think Melvin is up in Crockett now. I don't know what ever happened to Mr. Bubba, or that lin of birds he had been working on for about 15 years at that point.
all a democrat rooster is  a hatch bred over a claret.  iv heard of his name but didnt know him.

Monty Bennet
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: