October 26, 2024, 01:34:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: hound pictures  (Read 2681 times)
flcurdog
Bay Dog

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2012, 06:49:01 pm »

Hey dwest are those dogs silent on trail

For the most part...LOL...
U
They have trashed on a deer 2 or 3 times on me.  And thats the only time i heard them open on a track.  But not real open.  Matter of fact the first time they did it, i thought they jumped a hog and just couldnt hold the bay...started quiet but left out on fire, few seconds later they were hammering down, then nothing...then got deeper and heard one of them again.  I'm bout 90% sure its the Leroy dog that opens and im still debating trying him on deer, cuz he just aint flipped the switch on hogs, still hunts but kinda half heartedly...but the few times he ran a deer, boy was he fired up.

The Copper dog on the other hand is gritty and loves a hog.  The first hog he found, ran, bayed on his own was a shoat (wish he woulda got mamma, she was big, but the shoat stopped and i think all the lil pigs runnin around got him turned around) But, everyone since then he's caught, and its funny cuz he trys to "bawl" while caught.

There is a couple of gyp littermates around that i get to hear about every now and then, and im pretty sure they're silent on track

Hey man its justen lol yeah that copper dog looks just like his daddy levi just a little more ear in him his litter mate that brandon has she turned out to be a pretty decent deer dog
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: