October 04, 2024, 06:23:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heatstroke  (Read 1848 times)
Nash
Catch Dog

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2012, 08:16:11 pm »

Hope he makes it I lost my best dog last year to the same thing. I have had some live a couple days then die also. The ones that did make it never could handle the heat very well after that and I lost them later to no other than a heatstroke. Wish the good ones could all live forever but it seems like they are the ones to go Mine did the same thing Wednesday I put him in water then ac like you. But also called the vet and took him straight from the woods. They had to put him on a drip and he is still at the vet. The reason I took mine is bc I have seen them fo that and not go to the vet and the next day they act fine or better and the fourth day they are dead. The will start pooping blood and there kindneys and vital organs basically fry. A lot of the times if their eyes get real dilated that means they are having brain swelling and it's to late. I hope everything works out man bc I'm in the same shape you are.first. Hunt at night or early morning works best for me. Bring them water and don't hunt if it's over 85 degrees.  Just the way I feel about it. Good luck.

Nash
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: