October 19, 2024, 06:54:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help!!!  (Read 2454 times)
Peachcreek
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2012, 02:29:14 pm »

I just had a run in with a porcupine a few weeks ago. This was a first for me. Lionandboarhunter and hillcountry showed me an easy way to get the quills out of the dogs mouth. They simply took a 20oz coke bottle and opened the dogs mouth and put the cap end of the bottle in the back of the mouth so the top and bottom molars could bite on that. The coke bottle held the mouth open and just a little bit of pressure kept the dog from spitting the coke bottle out. I think the strapping the dog down along with the coke bottle trick and u will be in business. If u are doing it by yourself u might try a piece of 3/4 pvc pipe run across the left and right side molars and then tied back. Hopefully u get them out ok. Here is a pic of my dog about half way into the quill pulling. wish i would have thought to get a pic of the coke bottle deal. It was simple but made a world of difference...

www.peachcreekcatahoulas.com

Victor dog food dealer. Cleveland Texas
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: