September 20, 2024, 12:31:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: can of worms  (Read 4680 times)
RyanTBH
Hog Doom

www.texasboarhounds.com

View Profile WWW
« on: October 18, 2012, 04:40:16 pm »

I like that start... They (general) have been breeding dogs for years here and accross the pond. People see different dogs that have a quality that they like, and they try to breed it in. There are so many different versions of pit and dogo anyways. I saw a post on FB not too long ago that best explained it. It was 4 dogs, and it asked what "you" thought they were made of. I guess to make a point, and from the general publics perspective, stamped them all pit. Then they had a note under the pics that said dogs were DNA tested, and it listed the results. If I remember correctly two of the 4 didnt' have any pit at all in them! LOL! and the other two were only partial pit; and that may not be exactly right, but you get the jist of it. IMO the dog is what it is... either its got what it takes or it doesn't, and will either run to a bay and catch a hog or it won't. Another example... I was walking my Amerigo downtown at a city gathering, and made a bet with my wife about how many people would ask if she was pit. I nailed how many people would ask right on the head, and she was surprised. LOL! She is a cross and is 4th or 5th generation, so I'd say thats trying to figure out what's what... I guess my point is, unless you breed and have bred your own dogs and got them from an old dog man that has done the same as you and got them from someone that has kept track of the dog, you will never know what is really in that dog unless you were to DNA test it. So why worry about... Hunt them, breed what you like and is the best, and keep on keepin' on! LOL!  Grin I like how the Aussies are doing things, and there is one guy in particular named Rob. He has some jam up dogs!!! He breeds his own dogs and crosses what he sees fit. I think in this game, you either have what it takes or you don't... kinda like the dogs. You either know what you are doing cause you've listened and tried different crosses, or you don't. I am no expert, but I damn sure listen and try to learn as much as possible! And if there is one thing I've learned with as many people as I've hunted with is that if the dogs hunt and find/bay/catch hogs then hunt em hard! Who cares what it's made of so long as it works and gets the job done! I know some will disagree with me on this, but they either have "it" or they don't.

Do work, make chit happen, and never stop moving forward.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: