September 22, 2024, 12:41:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Florida cur, Cracker cur, Southern Cur, Florida hog hunting in general history?  (Read 51444 times)
heat
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2012, 08:11:19 am »

This is cool stuff!!!!  I lived in Indiantown when I was little.  My Grandma was a lunch lady at the elementary school.  My Mom's oldest brother was Homer Wall....He started a lumber business by cutting cypress fence post out of the Corbet area.  My Grandady on the other side worked groves..he is an Odom as am I.   I moved to Alabma 25 yrs ago and have been hog hunting with plotts for about 15 or so years.  When I was growing up, almost everybosy had a cur dog in there yard.  Some were red, ring neck, black n tan, but they all were hands.  I been looking for one for some time just to ride in my truck.  Them things all would handle like my youngins are suppose to.  I can remember cow hunting and I was to little to do anything but get in the way.  But when they got them cows penned the dogs would go lay under the trailer.  If they had trouble putting one in the trailer or something they would call 1 dog by name and use it to help.  The other dogs may not even pick their heads up.  Thats good stuff
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: