September 22, 2024, 02:37:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Florida cur, Cracker cur, Southern Cur, Florida hog hunting in general history?  (Read 51462 times)
Noah
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 28, 2012, 09:33:05 pm »

Most people with good dogs in Florida, especially the old timers won't give up or sell a dog to a person they don't know. Sometimes they get down right defensive if you even ask about their dogs.

Yep...  Grin    .... from personal experience... you want a dog out of this type of person's stock... you have to learn to think like them... I have a "delicate" relationship with just this type... if for ONE SECOND they thought I might sell what we produce, I would be cut off... as well, if I know someone has a prepotency to sell dogs, they will never get a dog from me.

Most of the people I trade dogs with are well out of my area and there is no overlap of territory... mutual respect of control of blood, breedings are agreed upon, progeny is kept and the rest culled unless agreed upon otherwise.

Many other factors that do not have transparent reasons...

The fact of the matter is... I know most every high end FL Cur breeder...  there are not many great lines left.   I do believe that the hog hunters are doing more to preserve this type of dog than the dayworkers...  I could point out many, many examples

Welcome to the Gun Show

Noah Metzger 352 316 8005
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: