October 22, 2024, 11:32:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: animal planet at our next bayn  (Read 5646 times)
boone823
Strike Dog

View Profile
« on: February 05, 2013, 03:07:37 pm »

This will not earn me any fan mail & this is just my opinion. First let me say that nobody likes to watch dogs baying hogs better then me but when it get publicized, watch out. I said as many as 20 years ago, probably 25 years ago that baying contest were the worst thing possible for our sport. I will list some of the negatives.

1. It brings to much negative attention to the media, Peta, & the Humane society. No matter how careful it is done, either hogs or dogs get busted up.

2. It has just about ruined Catahoulas & Curdog breeds. They are calling dogs hogdog champions & they could not go out in the woods & find their own hog to save their life. Dont get me wrong. I won the very first hogdog baying contest in Eufalla, Ala. that the Wild Boar Conservation Ass. put on & then won the very first baying contest that the National Catahoula Ass. put on in Ms. with the same dog. But, he was a hunting dog. This was a long time ago.

3.  It has brought our sport into the limelight. It has flooded the woods with wannabe hoghunters that have no more respect for the place or hogs that you stocked 30 years ago.

3. I have also met some of the finest people I know.(not a negative)

4. Fla. has already closed down baypens & I have not kept track of who else has done it.
Very well put. Cajun
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: