October 07, 2024, 09:33:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Walk Hunting and Dogs that get out  (Read 1710 times)
TazD
Strike Dog

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2013, 06:09:34 pm »

Some of the properties I hunt that is the only way I can hunt them. The dogs I have now range out 200-400yds hunting, and when they strike a hog they will pull out easily over a mile. I use to have longer ranging Fl Curs that were real rough. They would hunt 400-700yds. When they were hunting out that far and then struck something and pulled out you better be ready to run 1-1.5mi real quick!! Even on the properties I am able to bring a vehicle I get out and follow my dogs.

I do not have to walk them to any hogs, I follow them when their hunting. Alot of people think if you are walk hunting you are walking the dogs to the hogs, but that is not the case. No different then roading them or driving around till you find some sign to drop them. the dogs have to find, stop, and catch their own or they take a dirt nap!!

When I hunt with a weapon I like to stalk through the woods and hunt. Hate sitting on my a$$ when I hunt regardless if its hog dogging or deer hunting!!! Run and Gun!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: