September 30, 2024, 04:33:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Awesome Weekend- Gator Country Hunt  (Read 10384 times)
Lance
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« on: February 24, 2013, 10:25:09 pm »

Congratulations to y'all on some awesome hogs! It's truly a shame that you were'nt able to weigh them in your stringer. In fact , it's a disgrace ! I have about decided that I will not hunt anymore tournaments that don't allow barrs in the STRINGER regardless of how much I like the people that put the tournament on or how big the pot and prizes. I only catch at most 4 or 5 barrs a year and have never caught one for a tournament but when I do I want to be able to weigh it in my stringer. If it's an East or Central Texas tournament then it should alow barrs because there are alot of barrs in both areas. I believe that these tournaments are wrongly giving in to pressure from Texas J and the Trail of Tears. Prime example, and  I'm sorry if it hurts some feelings. I have said several times how much I think of the guys on the Fatboy Outfitters team and how much I like their tournament. I think alot of Clayton , Abel and the rest of the guys! Some of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting ! But their tournament was on the same weekend as the 3W tournament and it was the 3W's first year. The 3W had over 10 more teams and had less than half the added money in the jackpot ! I had to work but the guys on my regular team wanted to hunt the 3W because it allowed barrs. I'm a TDHA member but I will be hunting the Blake Granbury hunt next weekend because it allows barrs. The guys on my team wanted to hunt it because it allows barrs and I am with them because 3 to 1 is a majority ! The TDHA can say what it wants to but long before the 2013 tournament rules were released Texas J stated, pretty confidently, in a post that the TDHA would not allow barrs in their stringer. I believe, the only reason they are allowing one barr in the stringer is because of the pressure that was applied by all of the people that was pro BARR ! It is obvious that Texas J had already talked to the BOD and convinced them to not allow barrs or he would'nt have been so confident as to state the TDHA's stance 2 months before the rules were released.  Just for the record I would, and am sure I will, lose a tournament to some big barrs but I would rather know I lost to the biggest baddest hogs and dogs in the woods than win and know that someone got their dogs wrecked on some barrs and were'nt allowed to weigh in. I've always been a very competitive person but I would rather get my butt kicked by the baddest dude on the block than say that I won against inferior competition ! That's just the way I feel and I'm sorry if it hurts anyones feelings but there is nothing that will be done to change my mind !

A scared dog dont get no meat !
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: