September 30, 2024, 04:38:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Awesome Weekend- Gator Country Hunt  (Read 10391 times)
Van Dorn
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2013, 10:11:31 pm »

Colton, put down the Kool-aid!

How the hell can you call catching barrs cheating? Cutting boars has been going on as long as there have been hogs in America! And way before there were ever any hog hunting tournaments!

I have been hog hunting for 15 years, and was taught if you don't eat it, leave it on it's feet. What that means is, sure one land owner might not want the hogs turned loose on there property, but the police don't won't you to speed either! Cutting a couple nuts out so you can eat that hog in a couple years if you were lucky enough to ever catch it again, will never hurt anything, that hog will no longer breed or reproduce! Just don't tell the land owner! I promise that cut hog will be miles from where you release him in just a few hours! So for you to say we cut the boars for tournaments is way out of line! And the farthest thing from the truth that  I have heard about all this anti-Barr b.s.! If it were not for those old timers teaching us those ways of hunting, you younger Internet age hog hunters would have to be coon or opossum hunting because there would not be any hogs in the woods!

Do you really think that there are barrs around ever briar thicket? To us they are like a Boone & Crockett buck, there just aren't that many of them! Our dogs, are hog dogs, not just boar dogs, there job is to find, bay and catch whatever hogs are in the woods! So whatever hogs are in the woods should count in a contest is our argument!

We have hunted in several tournaments over the years, placing in some and winning some. Each time we won we did NOT catch a single Barr! So you might want to check your facts before you invade our thread about our tournaments results, and especially calling us cheaters!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: