October 25, 2024, 01:31:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dogs sprayed by skunk  (Read 898 times)
creynolds
Bay Dog

View Profile
« on: April 22, 2013, 05:24:45 pm »

Natures Miracle Skunk Remover! I SWEAR by it and you can get it at the big corporate pet stores like Petco, Pet Smart, etc. I had a ruff coat terrier skunked bad right before a 16hr road trip and you couldn’t smell her in the cab during the ride. Skunk stink comes out of the skin over time so it comes back a little bit after a few days but will “remove” (not cover) the stink 90% for a few days and cut the odor to 75% for the remaining time.

Put gloves on first! I used one quart to one 20 pound dog (buddy recommended) so I guess two or three quarts on a cur. Soak him in it and rub it in good it is binding to the oil. Then let him dry… do not let him shake off the extra I tied his neck up tight to a low limb so he couldn’t lick of lay down till its dry. Once he is dry wash off the Natures Miracle Skunk Remover with Dawn soap (pick a scent if you like) and don’t skimp this is washing off the broken down oil and rinse VERY well.

If you stuff your nose in the fur you can smell it but at arms reach I wouldn’t have even known it had happened.

Above treatment does absolutely nothing for skunked cut gear.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: