September 25, 2024, 01:24:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Ida help dog  (Read 6367 times)
t.wilbanks
Hog Doom

Trenton Wilbanks Daingerfield,Tx

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2013, 09:37:25 pm »

I got tinley on a trade for a horse ....a 700dolar horse i went hunting with the guy she found a pig she was loose and it broke one time and she went  over a mile till it was bayed again i traded the guy started running her in my pack but she could not out strike my main dog nut so i ran her by herself she would help catch with rough dogs didnt like that about her and she would bark off and on when they broke did not like that either...as far as compare i wouldnt they both find pigs but there is a few thing i just dont care for as far as tinley goes ...my strike dog now has no flaws to me.

Here is what I was trying to get at...

Tinley will find hogs, but to me she is a cull and here's why...

That dog is slower than molasses when a hog breaks... Being half a mile behind a hog and boohooing on track like a coon dog does not work for me...

Does she find hogs- Yes
Does she have bottom- Yes
But her track speed just won't cut it around here..
I can definately see why you would HAVE to run some other kind of dog with her....

Not downing you for selling him the dog in any way, I think he got what he was looking for...
But like said, every one has their style and likes/dislikes...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: