September 25, 2024, 09:19:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Ida help dog  (Read 6316 times)
KevinN
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 14, 2013, 10:12:46 am »

Sad

Suppose to be an arrow pointing to my signature.

Just agreeing with y'all, lol

I thought your smiley was just getting turned on by all the others that like help dogs..   Tongue

Haha! Nope

You know...it IS interesting though...how many hunting styles there are. People use all manner of dogs with differing abilities to accomplish the same goal.

You may not be able to tell by my posts, but I am honestly a traditionalist as it pertains to hog hunting with dogs. I don't use RCD's, I don't use the speed demon crosses. I prefer an all around strike/bay dog. Actually I prefer a yard full. Thing is....I'm not an elitist. I don't try to tell people there's only one way to hunt or that if their dogs don't perform a certain way that they are culls.

Ive said this before but I'll go ahead and say it again. I was educated by a couple guys that had fine dogs. Dogs that produced on a regular basis. They weren't rough catchy dogs but we didn't have many runners. Not every dog on their yard was an all-star but they were still functional dogs and got the job done until they were replaced by a better up and comer.

I won't speak for everyone but I will constantly strive to improve my yard. If its ever to to point I'm happy with it, we'll that's gonna be nice. Sure don't mean ill tell everyone else if their dogs ain't like mine they're culls.

"Let's talk some philosophy"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: