September 22, 2024, 12:41:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Florida cur, Cracker cur, Southern Cur, Florida hog hunting in general history?  (Read 51445 times)
woody13
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 15, 2014, 12:52:57 pm »

The past generations of my family grew up on ranches or worked on ranches, my grandfathers best friend was a ranch owner and bred real fl curs. I talked to him one day about dogs and as a lot of the other posters have said, he said ridgeback, bird dog, redbone, and he said a lot of ranchers would mix bulldog in once or twice to get a catchy trait, but then quit the bulldog breeding. Anyhow, like a lot of ranchers my grandfather bred to have a long range, cold nosed, gritty dog. He also bred for color. After the years he has come up with a line that is similar to the "foundation bmc" they are built basicly the same, but with a little broader chest. Every litter, I've been able to see and every pup comes out the exact same. They are all a creamy yellow dog with a white chest, and white feet, and a black mouth. How he gets the same colors in every litter, I still haven't figured out. But I do know they make the BEST hog dogs I've ever personally seen. They all start real early and listen extremely well. Good thing for me, the gentleman don't believe in selling dogs so I get free puppies whenever I need. The rest get picked up and brought to a ranch in Texas.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: