October 02, 2024, 11:29:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If you are new to the sport please think it through  (Read 4010 times)
muleskinner
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2014, 01:53:36 pm »

To the hunter who asked what it cost. I did not include the cost because someone will take it wrong and say I'm bragging or showing off. Now that you have asked I will share some cost references. Polaris crew ranger 13600, plus lift kit bigger tires rigging hood adds around 2000 more. Sea container for storing feed,gear, and Polaris  with delivering and extras 5000 then you can add dogs and anywhere from 5000 and up for gear and dogs easily. Then there's kennels and the skies the limit on those.  Lots of man hours cleaning and feeding. It's 1000 dollars every time I buy feed. Then there's up keep for dogs. It's easy to spend 35000 to get started. You can go hunting in Africa cheaper. And we still haven't added gas, Polaris maintenance , or vet bills. So divide what it cost per year to hunt by how many pigs you will catch and you will b surprised by your answer. I hope this helped.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: