October 03, 2024, 08:20:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: All Plotts  (Read 4360 times)
sethmcalex
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2014, 04:14:42 pm »

Started out the other morning at 2 degrees and it never got above 10 all day.  Turned loose on a rig strike that ended up being a few sows with shoats.  They went about .75 miles and stretched a 125 sow.  On the way to them I saw another sow fly across the road.  Stuck the first sow and quickly cut her up.  I then loaded up and was turned loose on the second sow with in a half hour or a little more.  She had a pretty good head start.  An hour or so into the race I started hearing coyotes barking in among the running dogs.  I've never had much trouble with coyotes.  I guess they are getting ready to breed because they were extremely territorial today.  Another hour or so rolled along and I was starting to second guess the hounds because of the way they were running on the garmin.  They where headed for a road crossing so i decided i was just going to catch them.  They wouldn't have any part of that.  About another hundred yards and they where caught in a nasty thicket right off the road that you could hardly move through except for crawling.  I finally got into them and got the second sow stuck.  I slowly drug her out got her cut up.  I went down the road a ways to water the dogs and then came back by the the carcass about 15 minutes later.  There stands one of the coyotes just daring me.  I was wishing I had had a long gun.  I cut a nice boar track later in the day and turned loose again.  I went back up the road the direction I had just come from and saw that 3 or 4 coyotes had crossed my track going in towards the dogs.  Once again, the coyotes got to harassing them.  I finally ended up catching them and called it a day. 

Second Sow

Seth McAlexander

Palo Duro Plott Dogs
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: