October 20, 2024, 02:24:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Breeding for a flaw?  (Read 673 times)
Hutch33
Catch Dog

View Profile
« on: February 14, 2014, 12:30:46 pm »

Hard question to answer, but I believe it comes down to the power to please their human owner.  I think we’d need to put domesticated dogs and non domesticated dogs in two different groups. Strange to say, but you could almost view dogs and humans as having their own separate evolution. I think dogs have developed at least some behaviors similar to human’s bcuz the two have lived together for over 10,000 years, we have a huge impact on their behavior in all situations. Even a domesticated dog that has been raised with barely any human contact can follow you pointing or looking at something.  People back then didn’t know about genetics but selective breeding, dogs that bite humans were killed and dogs that worked well with humans on the hunt were taken care of and had a greater chance of being bred. In other words, the selection of likeable traits were reinforced, like cooperative and nonaggressive dogs, where other traits were punished for causing the loss of food and energy from a fearful dog running away from the hunt.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: