September 20, 2024, 01:45:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natural Wonders of your Region. (East Texas Version)  (Read 3010 times)
Rocking Y
Catch Dog

View Profile
« on: March 06, 2014, 12:22:23 am »

Most folks have natural wonders and local oddities in their region that stay hidden off the beaten path.

Let's see what ya got.

This is a local favorite since my childhood. Was open to the public years ago and the coolest swimming hole in the Piney Woods.  I was driving through the private owned land the other day on business and circled around for a few snaps.

Lil background on this crystal clear swimming hole ....it was a limestone quarry years ago and after the jest of the stone was harvested it filled up by way of natural springs.  No plant life or fish can survive thus it holds crystal clear water that is visible as far down as you can free dive. Only water I have witnessed that is compareable was when I was in the military off the coast of Key West or the Caribbean.

Welcome ladies and gents to the Blue Hole of Angelina County.

Ebjoy

Yellow Black Mask that place looks quite a bit like a place called the Blue Lagoon here in Huntsville, not sure how it got there but I'll try and get some pics when I get time
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: