September 20, 2024, 09:49:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finding huntin spots  (Read 1080 times)
pblenis
Bay Dog

View Profile
« on: March 06, 2014, 08:48:54 pm »

I'm new to the sport and was wondering the same as the OP.

Lots of good ideas so far.

Does anyone know if someone's ever tried to make a website for 'hobbyist' hunters to get in touch with landowners with hog problems.  I know there are plenty of sites where people who have 'businesses' per se but not for the 'weekend' warrior so to speak.

I was thinking of something like a simple forum, like this one where JOE BOB landowner could post, "I have a ton of hogs I want off my property".  Even a separate forum on this site might work but someone with more computer knowhow than me would need to make it the first thing that pops up for say a Google search for "free hog removal". 

Just a thought.

On a separate topic.  Don't a lot of deer leases want hogs off their property and do they just hire the 'pros' or are they ever looking for free removal?

I think it wouldn't be a bad idea for a lot of leases to open up to hog doggers.  Could make some extra money plus keep hogs off their feeders.  For those of us without the connections and places to hunt it would be nice to have a place we could pay a small fee ($20 per day or something) to hunt, while at the same time helping to keep hogs managable. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: