September 19, 2024, 10:03:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please Read!!!! Pseudo Rabies!!!!  (Read 3651 times)
t.wilbanks
Hog Doom

Trenton Wilbanks Daingerfield,Tx

View Profile
« on: April 21, 2014, 09:58:22 pm »

Erik, we figured out that they didnt get it from the hog the other night...

Last week we caught 6 hogs, nothing over 100 pounds and nothing with any teeth.. No dogs with any cuts/knicks...

The dogs didnt show any symptoms until last night... We hunted a few times between the time all those dogs were together and the time they started showing symptoms... All the dogs acted and hunted fine between that period...

Hunted Saturday night and dogs were fine... Went to feed Sunday evening and my bulldog had already scratched the skin off his head and was swollen... Eyes red and droppy, slobbering pretty bad.. Made a call to confirm what it was and put him down...

The curs looked fine that night.. Came home from work today and one was already dead and the other was bad off...

It must not take much to get it, because my curs would roll out once we got to them, and we were right on top of them each time we caught a hog...  This just adds another reason as to why I would rather my curs never put their mouth on a hog...

RIP Molly, Hawk, Lady, Big Mac, and Daisy...

Loosing Molly and Hawk sure put some hurt on me and my pack...

Hawk

Lady in the middle

Molly

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: