October 16, 2024, 05:34:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Honoring bay  (Read 2755 times)
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2016, 09:32:41 am »

dont sound like you know your dogs verry well to me..you said they should kno what a bay is and to the best of your knowlage they never had a collar on.

hope your not fake hunting in a fenced pen and thinkng the dogs can hunt,then when its woods time they ummm

if they would not honor a bay ?are the catchdogs?  what where they doing?

do you want your cur/trail dog to stop hunting and go to a bay and be a mee too dog?

just wondering how many dogs did your buddys have on the ground the time you mention?

why do you need or want so many dogs baying one hog?
Can't tell if you intended to rub me the wrong way but you sure did. Won't catch me telling another man what he's got or that he don't have what he thinks unless I'd seen the dog and the guy asked my opinion. Week in week out I'm with my dogs, I don't hunt to catch hogs I hunt because I enjoy the dogs and intend on being a great dog man some day. I want my dogs to go to any bay they hear to check because I don't need a pup of mine getting hung out to dry like I've had happen before just from dogs getting strung out and not hearing the bay. So if they can hear it they better go. If it ain't a pig either roll on or come tattle on the trashy dog. I expect my dogs to perform any time I open that box. Sometimes it don't work that way but most of the time if I'm hunting just my dogs, I leave with a caught hog or confidence there was no hogs around.
Fake hunting in a fenced pen? What in the hell is fake hunting? Them dogs don't fake running a track and fake getting bayed and we don't catch fake hogs out of them. It's a training tool, and a good one when used with moderation and on the right dogs. Seen that pen get 9 month old pups hunting out 2 miles and really turn into some track pushers.... now I don't know these dogs as well as I knew my old ones but losing 9 dogs in 3.5 months will do that to you when 5 were sure enough hog dogs for me. I'm not a big party hunter. I don't take my 10 best friends every time I kick out. I go to hear the bays break the silence, not my buddies motor mouths. I watch that garmin of mine like old men watch the news. I can tell you what them dogs are fixing to do before they do it... fake dogs fake hunting fake hogs in fake woods. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: