September 27, 2024, 12:50:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RCD types and breeds yall are using  (Read 10037 times)
make-em-squeel
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2019, 04:18:12 pm »

I ain’t talking bout a dog that will bay hogs or cows I am talking bout a dog you can put on the ground run thru cows Notta bay a hog then on the way back pen cows. I know a lot of old timers that had dual purpose dogs but it goes like this if there where hogs around you might bay them up if there where cows you might get them I ain’t seen one that was just turn out and sent to get hogs and passed up cows might be one out there but I ain’t seen it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There’s quite a few out there. I’m not talking about cow dogs who trashed or trip on a hog on the way to cows. I’m talk about sure enough nice on hogs and nice on cows and do which ever it is told to do and can switch modes faster than you can change your drawers

The few ive seen (never owned) had specific things they always did b4 a hunt to tell the dog what they were going to do. If I remember right they also only hunted hogs at night and that was part of their training to only hunt at night and not work cows, and i think cracking a bullwhip and sending the dogs by name meant cow time. I imagine it can be done but not for the weekend hunter like me, that would take a guy who is using them several days a week imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: