September 27, 2024, 12:52:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RCD types and breeds yall are using  (Read 10044 times)
jsh
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2019, 05:30:57 am »

You may be talking about me Judge. I’m 6 years into the crosses and they’re actually AB/stag. They are a lot of fun to hunt I can drop them out on hogs in wheat fields and they’ll lock in like heat seeking missles. A lot of times pigs will run in with the cattle to try and lose them, but they stay hooked.

Basically they’re extremely fast CDs. Good temperament, prey drive and provide more endurance in a foot race. They are a dog I keep on the rig for certain situations. Some hunts they don’t even get turned out, but when you need them they’re handy. We did our 8th annual veteran hunt in West Texas last month. Caught 36 in two days with 12 of those being caught with the sighthound crosses so you can see they have increased my by about 33%.  They are great about catching their own when dumped and not all piling on one.

I don’t run RCD. I enjoy strike dogs that provide a good bay. Could they find their own hog on the ground? I’m sure they could, but it’s not my style. I’d rather feed a 45lb cur dog for that. Hell we had one baying a 10 pound pig the other day and we were tickled to death. Now if that 10lber was running a mile that’d be a different story......

Oh and by the way I’ve got hundreds of pictures and even videos - I just don’t post them.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: