September 22, 2024, 09:17:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pit cur mixes  (Read 7956 times)
Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2019, 06:17:38 am »

Just some advice, if you’re running a dog that’s straight catch, run several at a time. I run 4 dogs at a time plus any dogs that a friend brings. A lot of my dogs siblings have been killed by people running them with the wrong dogs. There’s been 3 litters, they all made dogs. Not many of them are left, probably 15-20 of them have been killed. The only time I’ve ever heard them bark was once when my male ran up on a sounder of big pigs and after a few barks he hung a 250lb boar. I thought he was hurt when he started barking so I ran in and about got ran over by some huge pigs. The second time was when he tried to catch a boar in some real nasty briars. He got a little tiny nick and backed up and barked until he saw another dog and then caught. That’s the only time he’s done that, regardless of being cut. I’m hoping that as he is getting older he is just being intelligent. The pig had the biggest teeth I’ve caught. He would wrecked Dum Dum if he tried to hold him in that briar bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: