September 22, 2024, 07:27:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pit cur mixes  (Read 7953 times)
Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« on: November 14, 2019, 03:52:04 pm »

I didn’t breed them. The guy that started me and mentored me bred them. He hunts and trains dogs 7 days a week for a living. He kept 100% of the first litter. Every single dog turned out. Obviously some better than others, but no culls. He started selling a few of them after they were very heavy started and hunting. The second and third litter he sold a few as puppies and then sold the others after getting them going good. He doesn’t keep many dogs, he likes to sell dogs once they’re hunting good. Not a dog peddler, he’s very good at what he does and he enjoys making dogs. This line is fairly well known around this area, they’re Bo Betty’s. There are no more being made and they made a name for themselves and you will be hard pressed to find somebody selling any off those original litters. As far as I know, I’m the only person that has a male and female. They were purposely placed where people wouldn’t have the means to continue the line to keep it fairly exclusive. Now I’m hoping to fine tune it a little more.

As far as picking pups, your guess is as good as mine. I typically like the ones that are off by themselves exploring, or one that is intelligent, for example always figuring out how to escape the pen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: