September 22, 2024, 05:28:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Airedale’s and crosses  (Read 2545 times)
HuntingHeritage
Catch Dog

View Profile
« on: April 01, 2021, 07:52:04 pm »

I know Red Guthrie bred an Airedale/Plott cross years ago but have no details.
Interesting enough I recently uncovered this letter in the collection of his kennel correspondence, I only wish I had a copy of Red’s reply...

From a gentleman in Cove Texas many years ago.....

“I recently was hunting in our local Marsh  and found a dog that had a 200 pound barr bayed solid, I turned my go-getters loose to help the dog out.
They honored her bay and we took down the woolly booger in no time.
I leashed up my crew and finally was able to get a look at the new dog she was a sight to behold a long legged curly haired brown dog.
I have never in my life seen a dog like this.
I treated all her cuts and it took about a month to get her put back together I took this dog to the vet and found out she is three-quarter Airedale 1/4?.
The vet gave her a clean bill of health and said that folks take dogs out into the marsh and dump them off for gator bait.   
I’ve tried to contact her old owner she had no collar no tags nothing.
Well to make a long story short, this dog has found a new home and she is now a part of my family.
She has a good, cold nose, good mouth and can run like the wind.
I have never owned an Airedale dog I know nothing of the breed.
I see y’all’s  add in all of the bayed solid issues and figure y’all are the best source on these critters.
So if you could find a time in your busy schedule to give me a little help and some info on these dogs.
I do know one thing she is a hard Hunter and would fight a bear and could probably win.
I’m sorry the letter is so long, but not too many folks around here like to chew the fat about Hogdog’s and it seems I get carried away....”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: