September 22, 2024, 05:30:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pit cur mixes  (Read 7932 times)
Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2021, 12:31:43 pm »

T-Bob, that’s an awesome story and a hell of a dog it sounds like.

I just made what I hope to be the best cross this blood has seen. My mentor crossed a hell of a Ladner BMC named Bo to an 80lb lean game pit that he had called Black Betty. They did this cross 3 times and every single puppy made a good to great dog and were clones of each other. The dad was a papered Ladner and the mom came from some old game blood that was very well bred. Every single one of them was damn near suicidal rough and would catch and hold like the best bull dog you could ask for. All but one of them was 100% silent. The semi open one was so fast that it didn’t matter. Well friendships fell apart and those dogs have almost all been killed. My old lead dog Dum Dum was one of them, and I had his littermate sister who I put up and retired after he got killed. There’s only one other original female and the guy that has her burned bridges with everyone so she might as well be dead. There was only one attempt to further this line by anyone else. The guy that owned the original male took a female from the cross back to her dad.

There is only one dog still alive from that cross, a male. He’s been absolutely wrecked and is crippled now. His back leg had the Achilles’ tendon severed and he has no use of it, and every inch of him is scarred up and battered. He is still a machine in the woods and will pull hogs out of thin air. Well he is the nephew to my female, as well as her half brother. A guy I know recently bought the dog and so we locked them up. These pups (if she took, I’m crossing my fingers and praying on this one) will have the original male 3x and the original female 2x and be bred extremely tight. If all goes well, there will be an established line that I will continue after these pups get old enough to prove themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: